Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Still "Stable"

It is hard to hear, but that is the only news I have right now. I can tell you that the hospital is looking to move Rocky into a step-down long term facility that can support his current needs. He is in a "limbo" right now, since his vitals are stable and he is not so much in need of trauma care. It is still hard though for us, since we would rather him have a 1:2 ratio for nursing care. But, it will be in a place that will be closer to my parent's home, hopefully. That will be a huge relief on my mom, the traveling is hard. She would like to be with her husband every minute, holding his hand, putting her head on his chest and praying with him. We are supposed to be having a family meeting with the doctors soon, so Brent and I may be flying out again. Keep you updated.
As for the enormous overwhelming response of comments, prayers, support, encouragement, memories and love that you all have shared with us, I can't even explain how much it is appreciated! I have a hard time reading some of the things people write, because they are so emotional. I read each one through blurry tear-filled eyes. I can't believe how much my dad had an impact on so many wonderful people. Thank you so much!

7 comments:

April said...

Nathan is going out to see Rocky, Linda and Kevin for sure this Saturday. Thank you so much for the update and am glad to know that Linda will have a closer access to their home in La Habra. Where will this hospital be exactly?

Anonymous said...

Roccia Family,

I just heard about Rock's accident and this site. I was shocked to hear about the news but know I am praying for him.

Stay strong.

Michael
kolster@polb.com

Anonymous said...

I work with rocky in the Sanitation District , I used to be in the room next to him for four years, he is very humbel and nice man, I was in shock to here about his accedient, I feel the impact and the tragidy for the famly espcially his wife and his children, but I am sure God will never leave him, I pray for him and his family sice I hered about this accedint, with prayer merical could happen and God alLways listing,we have to put our trust in good hand all the time and whatever the out come we have to keep thank him for every thing he gave us, God bless all of you , give you the patient and strength to go-over this difficult period

Safwat gerges

Anonymous said...

Brent, Tina and Family: My prayers are with the family. Everyone is praying for him. I worked with mom and dad at Bechtel and remember them both. Please keep updating his website....Take Care and we will all keep praying. M.Cuevas

Anonymous said...

I Miss My Best Friend.


Don't Stay Away For Too Long

Anonymous said...

Linda, Kevin, Tina, Nathan and family,

We just found out about the blog today. We agree, it is a wonderful way to keep everyone updated on Rocky’s condition. We’ve known Rocky and Linda for many years. We were shocked to hear of his accident and have had him and all of his family members in our thoughts every day since. We hope that your prayers and faith will sustain your family through this difficult time. Linda – please take care of yourself so you can take care of Rocky. He needs you and he knows you are there for him.

Dan and Kate Santoro
Nikki92870@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Roccia Family,

I worked with Rocky and Linda at Bechtel. Just received news about Rocky's shocking and terrible accident. Please keep this website current with his progress.

Your family is in my prayers, and pray that the Lord gives Linda strength in this difficult time.

Yolanda Bradley